Wednesday 14 December 2011

Term 1 Evalution

I'd like you to take a moment to reflect on the work you have done so far in Technological Studies this term.

Can you leave a comment below answering these questions:

  • What topic you enjoyed the most and why, 
  • What you found difficult or that you least enjoyed and why. 
  • How you have enjoyed working- i.e. individually, in pairs, practically, theoretically, using theory to answer written questions, challenges and problem solving
  • How do you prefer to be assessed - i.e. reports, tests per topic, end of term tests, practically through challenges
  • What resources have you used this term - i.e. printed notes on topics, Can Do Statements, own notes made in class or using can do statements, the blog, external sources like google searching

4 comments:

  1. The topic I most enjoyed was the Combinational Logic and the Alpha Boards Topic because I enjoyed designing the circuits and making the alpha boards. The topic I found the most difficult was probably the mechanisms topic. I have most enjoyed working in pairs doing challenges (eg designing a pneumatic, electrical circuits or mechanical systems etc). I would prefer to be assessed through reports and tests per topic. The resources I have used are the Can Do Statements, the blog and the notes I have made in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Logic/alpha boards topic because I found making the systems interesting and I just like the way they operate. I found the Pneumatics topic the most challenging as I find all the different kind of valves confusing and they way you have to name them. I have used this blog and the given notes mainly for all the information I needed. I think that doing reports and topic tests are the best way to be assessed though practical assessments would also be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the mechanisms the most because i enjoyed building them using the fisherteck. The topic that I found the most challenging was Pneumatics because I could not remember what all of the valves looked like. I like working in pairs the most because if I don't know something the chances are that my partner will be able to help me with it. I prefer being assessed in the reports that we have done. I have mainly used the notes for my resources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the logic topic most as it was the most interesting to me. To me mechanics was the most challenging because i never had encountered mechanics before apart from lego tech. Remembering the formulas and especially the names of the different systems was not very easy. I enjoyed working in pairs most. Doing theory was very interesting but i did not like the tones of practical questions between. I prefer practical challenges for assessment as they are not very long and don't include tones of writ up like the reports did. I manly relied on my notes from class and very rarely used recourses other than that.

    ReplyDelete